Information Retrieval Systems
Fall 2015 (Online)
Fall 2015 Final Exam:
This online course starts on August 31, 2015. A few details in each
module (most notably, videos for new readings) will be ready two weeks
before the start date of each module so that you can work ahead when
doing so would best fit your schedule (because working behind is not
possible -- deadlines are sharp!).
- Course Description (Read this
- Description of course goals, prerequisites and corequisites,
contact information, grading procedures, and many other things.
- The course is organized as a set of 15 modules, each of which
should typically take a week to complete. Use this page
throughout the semester for links to the modules, with start
and end dates, and quick links to some other useful content.
- A direct link to a list of the required readings for each
module. These (and many other important things) are also
linked to from each module's Web page. For most modules, there
are also additional readings that
will be assigned to specific students.
- Final Exam
- Refer to this later in the semester for information about the
final exam. Some actual exams that were given in previous
semesters are available.
- Project Videos
- This page contains links to the project videos produced during
Additional Useful Materials
- Prior Semesters
- A useful place to look if you want to see the materials as they
were used in prior semesters.
- Information Retrieval Books and Papers
- Links to a wide range of books and papers describing
information retrieval techniques.
- Other Information Retrieval Courses
- Some other information retrieval courses.
- Local Research Seminars
- Seminar series on the Maryland campus and in the surrounding
area that sometimes have speakers on topics related to this
- Information Retrieval Software
- Links to sources of IR software (very useful for the project!).
Last modified: Mon Dec 14 16:06:18 2015